The Poultry section consists of 4 groups
The poultry section unites all breeders in Europe. It actively promotes modern poultry breeding and brings breeders and keepers together.
Important goals of the section are :
- To keep and to breed animals in a responsible way. This means, among other things, keeping the animals in a way that suits their natural needs. Towards the public we act openly and informatively.
- To spread our breeds throughout Europe.
- To preserve the large numbers of breeds, colours and breed characteristics.
- To support youth on their way to breeding pure breeds.
- To maintain a good relationship with our partner sections within the EE.
- To establish and harmonise the breed standards in our member countries, avoiding extreme characteristics.
- To regularly organise specialisation courses for judges in whole Europe.
- To motivate breeders to participate at European exhibitions.
- To support the organisation of breed specific Europe shows.